Equipping the family with a juicer is the wish of many housewives. But “what is better, masticating vs centrifugal juicer” is what makes so many people puzzled, because it is not fair to quantify all the criteria considering the cost, quality, or benefits and drawbacks of these two juicer types.
Why should use a juicer
The fruit juice contains a wide range of vitamins, enzymes, and nutrients to the human body-abundant in an easily digested liquid form. By drinking at least two glasses of fruit juice per day, you can achieve various benefits. It is not only a secret formula to help avoid getting diseases naturally, but aslo reduce the signs of ageing as well as a perfect way to promote the attractiveness of women.
Using a juicer, housewives will reduce half of the cost for supplementing the whole family’s nutrition source from fruit juices.
If it costs quite a lot for a glass of juice to buy from outside, then with that money, we can have two glasses of juice quality if you grind at home when juicer. Therefore, if calculating long-term and equipped, a juicer will be much more beneficial.
Compare the regular juicers and the masticating juicers
Technology and operational principles
The centrifugal juicer is usually composed of these main components: super-fast motor, grinding wheel with a broad range of blades and grater, resupply lid, juice extractor, and a discharge pulp. The principle of operation of this machine is that when we insert the fruit, the tray runs at a very great speed (nearly 2,400 rpm). As a result, it helps the fruit to be smoothly ground. Thanks to the powerful centrifugal pressure, the water can be better separated from the pulp.
Masticating vs centrifugal juicer
Besides, the machine also minimizes noise when working, so it does not affect the surroundings, and the time limit of the machine can also be lengthened to a longer period (maximum of about 25 – 45 minutes depending on the machine).
Quality of juice
- Compared to the factors that are perceived by the senses: the colour of the juice from the masticating juicer is usually darker and more beautiful than the regular juicer; The taste will also be more intense and closer to the fruity taste; juice from a masticating juicer does not precipitate or separate as in conventional compressors; The masticating juicer produces low foaming water, which doesn’t have as many small residues as the regular press.
- Compared to the internal aspects which need to be evaluated by device: it has been proved that the juice from the masticating juicer of the finished product retains far more vitamins, minerals and nutrients than the centrifugal juicer. There’s also more authentic sour, sweet, or specific vegetable and fruit flavour.
- Compared with the amount of juice and the amount of pulp: more juice is provided by the masticating juicer, and the fibre is comparatively drier.
- Low vitamin retention
- The amount of juice is not much
- The amount of residue is more considerable because the pulp contains water.
- Finished products are dehydrated and easily oxidized.
- The colour and flavour of the ingredients vary greatly.
- Do not squeeze vegetables and leaves.
- Retains six times more vitamins (98%)
- The amount of juice is two times.
- Less amount of residue, due to less water
- Less water splitting, or long separation time
- Preserve the colour and flavour of fruits and vegetables
- Good pressing of vegetables, leaves (mustard greens, pennywort, etc.)
The main reason for the difference lies in the operational principles between the two types of machines. The centrifugal force of a regular juicer usually produces up-to-70-degrees-(Celsius) heat (so we can feel that our juice is slightly warmed up). This force is enough to destroy most vitamins and nutrients that are available in pressed bearing material.
In addition, because the nutrients are torn down in terms of the structure, the air is much more easily oxidized, producing a layering phenomenon in the finished cup of juice.
Pressing under the centrifugal force with a normal material press doesn’t quite separate the moisture in it; the material is crushed and pressed with a chewing juicer under the screw pressure to extract roughly all the water available in fruit and veggies.
The juicer is also slower in cleaning. A centrifugal juicer has to be divided into smaller parts and carefully cleaned after use.
The masticating juicers are good at self-cleaning after use, you just need to fill the water and basically the processor would then clean, you therefore need disassemble the components and rinse them under the tap to store.
Price and warranty
For centrifugal juicers, you usually only need a smaller investment to have a good quality product use with a warranty of 1-2 years. With some prestigious brands such as Philips, Panasonic, Pensonic …
With masticating juicers, you need to invest more to get a good quality machine of a reputable brand such as Hurom, Iruka … The warranty of the masticating juicer is 3-5 years.
Should you choose a centrifugal juicer or masticating juicer?
Masticating vs centrifugal juicer
If you have the investment resources, I think you can invest confidently in a masticating juicer, too. Nonetheless, for most users, a regular juicer with inexpensive prices is also very helpful for you to use for your personal kitchen.
Top 5 best masticating juicers 2020
Philips HR1880, HR1882, HR1830, HR1832, HR1836 juicer
Philips is a famous Dutch brand that has been around since 1891. The parts of the anti-rust presses, which use QuickClean technology, help clean the machine fast. The Philips slow-press line has many popular types; there are three types that are highly appreciated by consumers such as HR1880, HR1882, HR1830.
- Good quality machine, can use continuously 30 minutes
- Large juice jug
- Quite affordable price
Panasonic PAVH-MJ-L500SRA masticating juicer
Panasonic is also one of the top brands that are trusted by many people. The Panasonic PAVH-MJ-L500SRA slow juicer has a stainless steel juicer, which can squeeze a variety of fruits and still retain its pure taste.
- Free frozen fruit puree set
- Compact design, exquisite
- Power of 200W
- Easy to clean
Iruka I-52 masticating juicer
I-52 Iruka I-52 slow speed juicer is a simple, compact, and low noise machine. The Iruka I-52 has a slow rotation speed, so the vitamins in fruits and vegetables are not lost but still retain 100% natural freshness.
- The rotation speed of 85 revolutions/minute
- There is an interrupt mode when operating for more than 45 minutes, preventing the device from overheating
- Simple to use
- Produce a lot of juice.
South Korea Hurom H100-DBE masticating juicer
In the top of the best masticating juicer, Hurom H100-DBE is a super product from Korea; the machine has a beautiful and luxurious design, sophisticated modern design. With a slow pressing speed of 43 rpm helps to keep the natural nutrients, the juice becomes smooth and delicious.
- A multifunction machine can combine many functions.
- The capacity of 150W machine
- 350ml chamber capacity
- The speed of rotation reaches about 43 rpm
- Smooth pressing machine, super power-saving
- Beautiful design, easy to use, clean and disassemble
Juicer Magic A91 masticating juicer
Magic is also a well-known and trusted masticating juicer. The Magic A91, slow juicer, uses new technology to get more of its juice and its strength.
- Power of the machine: 150W.
- Speed of rotation: 85 rpm
Choosing centrifugal juicers or masticating juicer is both excellent and beneficial for your family. Depending on your budget, you can choose to purchase a machine that is more suitable and beneficial for your kitchen.